Jesteśmy tutaj żeby pomóc
Polish Expats Association
We are looking for a candidate who is proactive, passionate and analytical, with excellent communication skills to develop a new project- Erdington Welcome Centre. This project’s aim is to provide information, advice and guidance for the Polish migrant community in the heart of Erdington. PEA is looking for an experienced administrator with knowledge of delivering similar projects. Due to the character of this project this post requires fluent Polish and English language skills.
This Big Lottery Funded 3-years part time vacancy will develop a new initiative, which is dedicated to Polish migrants in order to improve their employability and everyday life in the United Kingdom. The Administrator will support the work of very dynamic team, ensuring legislation is adhered to and good practise is encouraged.
You will help to ensure the smooth running of a service which handles enquiries from individuals seeking help and assist in supporting volunteers who are involved with the project.
general administration work
- monitoring correspondence
managing filing system
using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
overseeing the recruitment of new staff and volunteers
training and induction of volunteers
supervising work experience
managing financial aspects of the project
preparing financial reports
collecting data for evaluation
previous project administrator experience, ideally in similar industry
excellent soft skills,
education background in administration
knowledge of Polish an English languages,
excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in English and Polish
good administrative and IT skills (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel),
creativity and ability to work on own initiative.
understanding of sensitive issues
understanding of Data Protection Act,
Previous work with the Polish migrant community
About Polish Expats Association
PEA is a non-profit organisation set up in October 2009 to support adaptation and integration of Poles in the UK. Our aim is to empower communities and improve the lives of Poles in the UK by offering different forms of support, information and personal development. We also create positive environment for integration and community cohesion promoting art, culture and mutual understanding.
For more information about our activities, please go to www.polishexpats.org.uk
|Vacancy Location||Erdington, Birmingham|
|Working Week Annual salary:||3 days a week GBP 10.450|
|Number of Vacancies||1 – this is a temporary contract until 30.07.2018|
|Possible Start Date Application closing date: Interview dates:||January 2017 31.12.2016 12.01.2017|
Erdington Welcome Centre Cię potrzebuje!Jeśli dysponujesz wolnym czasem i chcesz zrobić coś nowego i fajnego, to jesteśmy właściwym miejscem! Szukamy osób do pomocy przy organizacji wydarzeń, pracy w kawiarni oraz wszelkich zadań związanych z prowadzeniem projektu Erdington Welcome Centre. Dostosujemy się do Twoich możliwości czasowych!
Jeśli możesz dać nam 4 godziny swojego czasu lub więcej, my
- zwrócimy Ci koszty dojazdu
- zapewnimy uczestnictwo w szkoleniach i warsztatach zarówno w języku polskim, jak i angielskim
- zdobędziesz nowe doświadczenie
- wzbogacisz swoje cv
- poznasz nowe osoby
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of others whilst developing your own skills and experience? We are looking for a warm and friendly individual for a community café in Erdington. You will be passionate about food and drink, the local area, great customer and front of the house service. We are a small community café with lots of regular clients. This role will involve preparing high quality food and drinks, maintaining food hygiene as well as health and safety. Other duties to include:
- Keeping the café clean & tidy
- Liaising with customers, volunteers, and staff in a professional and welcoming manner
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Working as part of a team to deliver a high level of service and cooperation to both clients and colleagues alike.
- Participating in full at all team meetings and all relevant client and business discussions
- Undertaking other tasks as and when directed by your line manager and when reasonably requested by the colleagues.
- Experience in working in a café/restaurant at least 1 year
- Able to deliver all administrative tasks as required
- Proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to multitask
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meeting deadlines
- Required language:Polish and English
Vacancy Location: Erdington Welcome Centre, High Street Working Week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Working hours: between 9am till 4pm Number of Vacancies: 1 Possible Start Date: immediate