New vacancy- EUSS adviser
We are recruiting EUSS adviser for our new project- EUSS advice centre to support vulnerable Central and Eastern European citizens to apply for settled status.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and warm person and welcoming team player who likes working with people in an engaging way, who is assertive when dealing with challenging situations and is flexible, pragmatic and resourceful in coordinating and delivering projects. She/he needs to be able to work independently, be self-motivated and prepared to work flexibly and sometimes unsociable hours during project delivery. We are looking for someone with a positive and confident attitude who is passionate about supporting people and promoting equality and diversity.
The role: It is an independent role to provide advice and support to vulnerable, disadvantaged and isolated Eastern Europeans in applying for EU Settled Status within the EU Settlement Scheme. This will include pro-active outreach as well as effective use of volunteers and day-to-day oversight and supervision of volunteers as the duties and circumstances require.
Essential experience & skills overview (more in-depth information about this role can be found in the role description and person specification):
- Experience in support and advisory role
- Work within the community and migration environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and problem solve.
- General IT skills.
- Polish or Romanian language is essential due to the character of the job.
- Good knowledge of migration and EU registration scheme
- Be resourceful, level headed and be able to work well under pressure.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please email your CV, a letter of application outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and how you feel you would fulfil this role to (maximum of 2 sides of A4) and a completed application form to [email protected] stating the job role in the email title.