Free Workshop – Housing Rights for EU Citizens
Free Workshop: Housing Rights for EU Citizens
Presented by Jane Nelson, lawyer from the Birmingham Community Law Centre.
This event will be translated into Polish
Saturday 08/07/2017 11am- 2.30pm at:
Erdington Welcome Centre – 109 High street, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6SA
Topics will include:
- Rules of allocation of social housing, how to apply and who has priority
- Who is classified as homeless person and when overcrowding occurs (ie: does your child have to have separate bedroom?)
- What is temporary accommodation
- What are rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants
- How to choose good agency
- What type of tenancy agreement to sign and what different types of the agreements guarantee to tenants
- How to secure your deposit and how to demand its return
There will be time for questions and individual advice given on the topics related as well as social security benefits.
11-12 Presentation about the Housing Rights
12- 12.30 Free Lunch
12.30- 14.30 Individual Advice Surgery on topics of Housing Rights and welfare benefits
We hope to see you there!