Polish Expats Association
We are here to help
PEA transforms society by empowering Eastern European migrant communities in the UK. We equip people with skills and knowledge necessary to integrate and to live their lives fully, with dignity and pride in their identity. We also work to promote Eastern European culture and heritage through our programmes at Centrala Gallery, while supporting community cohesion. PEA’s vision is of a society in which every person feels included and is able to fully exercise his/her rights while retaining his/her own particular culture and heritage.
- Equality and diversity as preconditions for coexistence and mutual respect.
- Inclusion as a means of preventing individuals from feeling isolated, disaffected or marginalised.
- Collaboration as a tool for building communities and a sense of ownership, as well as one’s own capabilities.
- Communication as a basis for constructing effective, respectful and balanced relationships.
- Integration as a context for celebrating Polish culture and tradition within British society.
Polish Expats Association (PEA) is a non-profit organization. Set up in October 2009 to support the adaptation and integration of Polish immigrants in the UK, our aim is to empower communities and improve the lives of Poles and other Eastern European nationals in the UK. We try to do this by offering different forms of support, information and personal development. In April 2012 we became a Community Interest Company which offers support to all Central and Eastern European communities in the region.
As an organization we are very interested in communities from different cultures and backgrounds. We are trying to assist in cultivating and disseminating the rich history and traditions of Central and Eastern Europe, and to introduce and promote these to people of other nationalities. After creating a positive environment for integration and community cohesion promoting art, culture and mutual understanding, we believe we can be successful in our aims. – Centrala Space.